SHTFDad may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Natural remedies can be lifesavers in many situations.
Creating a natural first aid kit is a good idea if you travel, backpack, enjoy the outdoors with your family, or just want to be prepared for the unexpected.
Read on to find out the must-have natural first aid kit components.
How to Use a Natural First Aid Kit
You can’t always go to a doctor or the pharmacy, and many times you can just use herbs from your garden, or items from your pantry to alleviate everyday cuts, scrapes, bruises, and even a headache or backache.
Natural first aid kits are essential for both indoors and outdoors. Whether you are at home or plan to travel, be prepared with your favorite natural remedies. This will spare you the challenge of going out to search for medical supplies during emergencies.
You can use your natural first aid kit in many ways that range from treating bites to providing relief from colds and flu.
Many natural remedies can be used to address more than one problem. Store these in a compact box you keep in your home or vehicle.
Natural remedies for different conditions
The range of herbs available enables you to treat virtually all common health problems that you may encounter at home or while on the road.
Various natural remedies are regarded as indispensable because of the health benefits that they offer.
Here are some easy natural remedies:
- did you know that peppermint tea can stop diarrhea? So easy, and yet so effective!
- fennel tea can help with bloating
- lavender essential oil, couples with any vegetable oil can soothe a burn
- a mixture of equal parts tea tree, peppermint, and lavender oils, diluted in a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oils, or whatever oil you have on hand)
- cayenne pepper (powder) applied locally can relieve muscle, pain
Learn more about the different natural remedies in the book below.
- Ellis, Cat (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 06/09/2015 (Publication Date) -...
Learn first-aid basics
What is a first ad? It’s usually the initial process of assessing the need of someone who has been injured, had an allergic reaction, or had other medical emergencies.
A first aid kit allows you to determine a person’s physical condition and the correct course of treatment.
It is always beneficial for you and the rest of your family members to take some time to learn about first aid and how different natural products work.
Knowing how to use the natural medical supplies in your first aid kit will ensure that you provide appropriate treatment solutions when necessary.
First aid while traveling
Whenever you are out and about with your family, a herbal first aid spray is an essential item to keep in your vehicle.
It will keep the bugs away, and if you already got bit by mosquitoes or other outdoor critters, you can safely spray some on to relieve itching and inflammation.
If you’d rather make your own first-aid spray, here’s a quick and easy recipe:
- start with a 2 oz glass bottle (it’s easy to tuck your purse or backpack)
- add a teaspoon of salt (salt is an emulsifier and is also a natural disinfectant). I like to use pink Himalayan salt for this
- pour distilled water to about 3/4 of the bottle
- add 30 to 40 drops of essential oils. I prefer a combination of tea tree oil, peppermint, and lavender. Lemongrass is a good option too.
Some other important items needed in your travel kit:
- small jar of honey (it’s a great disinfectant, and can help you sleep better too)
- echinacea capsules or tea to help your immune system
- ginger chews for indigestion
- activated charcoal is a must-have
Ever had food poisoning on a trip?
The charcoal will help you get rid of the poison and feel better. Charcoal is also amazing for bug bites and can help purify water. Activated charcoal powder can be messy, so I prefer charcoal capsules.
Natural first aid kits available online
- BABY KIT: This kit includes our agave-based Cough...
- ZARBEE'S NATURALS BABY GIFT SET: This kit makes a...
- THROAT RELIEF: Made with ingredients like honey &...
Natural first aid kits usually contain remedies that are used for treating wounds, sprains, and common ailments. You can purchase your well prepared natural first aid kit conveniently through online resources.
If you have a first aid kit, make sure that it is always accessible so that people can find it in case there are injuries or health problems.
Make sure your first aid kit is easy to open: you don’t want to waste any time while in an emergency situation.
Learn what the different remedies can treat as well as how they are used during the treatment process. Although it may not be possible to keep family members from being sick or injured, a natural first aid kit ensures that you can keep them safe.
Natural remedies for safe and effective treatment
Several ailments that people suffer from can be treated through the use of natural products. These products are safe, effective and easy to use as well as cost effective.
Since time immemorial, families have relied on natural remedies that are known for their healing properties.
Protect your family with a range of natural remedies that you can stock in your alternative emergency first aid kit.